Blog Thoughts



This is just a short blog. Sorry.

This is just a short blog for a few reasons.

First, I finally got around to playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and -- surprise -- it's consuming my free time from the inside out. This point could actually spin out to "media" in general, especially podcasts. Sure, The Adventure Zone wrapped up (THE FEELS), but a new story is on its way. I also listen to Mission Log (Star Trek related), Sawbones, Nerdist, WTF, Gnomeland Security, and a few others. Netflix binge-watching is also a wonderful time sink! (Isn't the new season of Stranger Things coming soon?)

Second, life. Stuff happens and it takes time and effort to resolve. Work takes a huge bite out of the day. Gym takes some time too. Family. Friends. Sick dog. Yada yada yada.

Third, gaming. The Skyfell campaign I'm running looks like it will be starting back up on a more reliable basis so I've been thinking about and prepping for that. Also, there's the Infinity Tower stream. (We're doing ice cat pirates at the moment and my character has acquired an amazing set of stylin' pirate clothes and a rocket. So, you know, lots of fun there!!!) And, of course, there are other game systems I want to try out. I've got some ideas for Fate Core, for example.

Fourth, I've been more active on Twitter. I'm enjoying the poll feature and the engagement from folks who respond to the polls I post. Also, it's been really wonderful meeting and interacting with so many other gamers. There is a great community of D&D people there. Supportive. Creative. Everything a gamer might want, really. And the #FF they post really opens up the door to meet many many new people, which I love and am extremely grateful for.

Fifth, (and what was the original purpose of this blog) is the Dungeon Master's Guild materials I'm developing. You've already seen a preview of some of these materials on this blog. I'm talking about the concept packages. I've started working on getting these into a final draft for publishing. Part of that includes cleaning up the existing content, adding more content, removing content that after closer consideration doesn't feel quite right, and the art. So much art. I have also been working on a "100 hooks" document (all gnome related) and a collection of gnome NPCs. Yeah. I know. Gnomes. I have a problem. It's a gnome issue with my D&D playing styles and preferences. Can't be helped.

So yeah. "I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread." (Man, I love that quote so much.) As a result, the blog is slipping a little. I'm super sorry about that. I originally planned on doing this once a week, but I think I'm going to target once every two weeks instead. That will be easier on my general sanity...and personal relationships. I want to blog about playing D&D (both my own campaigns and the actual-play stream I'm a part of) as well as new materials that I develop for the DMs Guild. Of course, I'm not complaining. It's nice to have so many gaming-related activities going on in my life after so many years of living without it. It's a good life really. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

I promise my next blog will be more interesting.

And probably involve gnomes.

No, I'm pretty positive it is going to involve gnomes. A blog without gnomes is simply a very, very sad thing.






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow me on one of these fine social media platforms:
Instagram: @hokumsean
Spotify: @hokumsean
Twitch: @hokumsean
Twitter: @hokumsean
Tumblr @hokumsean

Stop by my YouTube channel "Ovens and Dragons" and partake in the exciting world of cooking for gamers.

Also, check out my DMsGuild offerings:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open Sky Encounters

5e Conversion: Fallout Nuka-Cola

5e Conversion : The Grinch